Newborns to 3 years old
It is our pleasure to care for your growing child. Here at Erie First we have a trained, dedicated staff of workers who want your child’s first years in the church to be a wonderful experience. We want to be instrumental in your child’s initial knowledge of God and His love for him or her.
All children are given age appropriate snacks while in the nursery. If for any reason you do not want your child to have what we have to offer, you may bring a snack of your choice. We will gladly give any food, bottle or drink to your child during their stay at the parents request. We do ask that any bottles or cups brought from home be labeled with your child’s name. We also strongly recommend that pacifiers be attached to the child to help prevent user mix-ups!
Policies & Procedures
Please take some time to review our Nursery Policies and Procedures. These policies have been set up for the comfort and safety of your child as well as for the workers.
All children using the nursery need to be checked-in at The Ark before coming into the nursery. Sunday morning check-in begins at 8:45am. The nursery is also open on Wednesdays evenings from 6:30 - 8:00pm.
Our nursery facilities are a part of Erie First Christian Academy's Early Education Center and we maintain their high standards for cleanliness and safety.
• We expect our workers to have a love for God and a love for children.
• All workers are screened and have had a criminal background check.
• You are welcome to tour the nursery and see the classroom your child is in. See a desk attendant; after the service begins and the children are settled in, we can show you around.
• If there are any concerns or questions, please let a desk attendant know so we can address the matter.
• Our first priority is the safety and well being of the children.
• There will always be at least two workers in a classroom. No children will be left alone with one worker.
• Please do not allow your child to wear long necklaces or toys on strings around their necks. It could be dangerous in a classroom full of children.
• If your child is going through a biting or hitting stage, please let the desk attendant know so we can work with you on this matter.
• Let the desk attendant know when you are not going to be in the sanctuary, and let us know where you will be if your child needs you.
• We do not release a child to any sibling under the age of 12, even if they have the parent tag.
• We hold a worker-child ratio standard and will not exceed the amount of children per adult. Please understand the importance of keeping this standard to assure that all the children receive the appropriate attention and care that each child needs.
• If a child is being treated with antibiotics, s/he should be on the drug for at least 48 hours before coming to the nursery. Please make the nursery aware of this.
• If a child is diagnosed with an infectious disease after being in the nursery, please notify the nursery director or a manager.
• If a baby/toddler has a continually clear-runny nose or rash due to non-contagious allergies, please let us know. We realize that some symptoms hang on long after the child is no longer contagious.
• We ask that children with any of the following symptoms and/or illnesses be kept out of the nursery:
– Fever greater than 100
– Runny Nose
– Questionable Rashes
– Active Chicken Pox
– Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
• The nursery director will make all final decisions for questionable situations regarding a child’s suitability.
• No medicine of any kind will be administered by nursery staff. Any and all medications can only be administered by the parent.
• Please mark your diaper bag, bottles, cups, snacks, etc. with your child’s name.
• We ask that you bring a change of clothes and an extra diaper in case of accidents.
• Do not allow your child to come into the nursery with gum!
• Please do not request an older sibling stay with your child. We are not allowed to permit this.
• You must have the parent tag with the matching number to pick up your child. (Be careful not to lose your tag.)
• Do not come behind the desk to collect your child. A worker will retrieve him/her for you.
• Brothers or sisters will not be allowed to go behind the desk to look for your child.
A Wonderful Expression to God
A child is a gift from God and twice a year we offer new parents an opportunity to offer your “gift” back to Jesus in loving submission and faithful obedience in one of our baby dedication services that take place during our Sunday morning service.
During this special presentation, the child is recognized with their parents on stage and prayed over by the pastoral staff and church leadership. The families receive flowers and each child receives a commemorative gift.
We would love to have you participate in our next Child Dedication service!Contact Us
Note: Erie First does not perform water baptisms for children under twelve years of age.
4 and 5 year olds
We have a dedicated staff of workers who want your child’s early years in the church to be a wonderful experience. We want to be instrumental in your child’s initial knowledge of God and His love for him or her.
We offer a range of fun and instructional activities for children in our preschool age group. Each week kids will have an opportunity to hear the Word of God, participate in classroom-based activities and enjoy our gymnasium and playland. Our desire is to make church a fun place that kids want to return to each week.
All preschool-aged children need to be checked-in at The Ark before coming going to their classrooms. Sunday morning check-in begins at 8:45am.
Our preschool facilities are a part of Erie First Christian Academy's Early Education Center and we maintain their high standards for cleanliness and safety.
Elementary - InsideOut Service
First through Fifth grade
We have a dedicated team of workers who want your child’s early years in the church to be a wonderful experience. We believe that children are not just the future of the church, but they can and should be an active part of the church today.
All elementary-aged children need to be checked-in at The Ark before going to their classrooms. Children not attending the education hour should check-in for the InsideOut service prior to the 10:00am worship service. Sunday morning check-in begins at 8:45am.
We believe that worshipping God is best modeled as a family practice. Therefore, we encourage families to worship together during our Sunday 10:00am worship service. Children will be dismissed from the worship service to the InsideOut service by our children's department.
Our InsideOut service is a dynamic, fun-filled and Bible-focused service designed especially for kids. Taking place in our InsideOut Chapel and featuring music, lights, puppets, skits, video and more- our children's service is a great way for kids to experience God and discover His love for them. Our goal is to make church a fun and meaningful experience that kids look forward to coming to all week long.