After putting our faith in Jesus we must also identify ourselves as those who follow Him. The first step is to be baptized in water.
“Peter replied, ‘Each of you must repent of your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This promise is to you, to your children, and to those far away – all who have been called by the Lord our God.’” Acts 2:38-39
Water baptism declares:
– Our total faith in Jesus for the forgiveness of our sins.
– Our intent to follow Jesus’ teachings and commission, including living like Him, replicating His character and developing the disciplines needed to love Him with our whole heart.
– Our identification with the community of faith in Jesus.
– The desire to be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.
We encourage all believers in Jesus, if you have never been baptized by your own choosing, to participate in an upcoming baptism service.
How do I get baptized at Erie First?
– Register for the next baptism service. You must be over 12 years of age to be baptized at Erie First.
– Attend the 9 AM orientation class in the InsideOut Chapel on the morning of the baptism service.
– Invite your friends and family to join you for this celebration!
What should I bring to the service?
– A large towel
– Clean, dark clothing (tops and bottoms, no swimsuits please)
– A change of dry clothes and undergarments for after the service
– Plastic bag to hold wet clothes